EXTRAS YOU WILL NEED
RULES for using this script:
- Notify Jeannette Jaquish that you are performing this script: location, city, country, dates, phone or email address, your name, and any comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the playwright Jeannette Jaquish’s name, and your translator --if any, in your poster, playbill or announcement.
- Contact J. Jaquish for changes in lines, length or cast. Approval is easy, and many scripts have variations already.
- You may photograph or video record, play on the internet, and make copies for your cast. We love it when you send us photos and video.
- You may sell tickets.
- You may print these scripts off the website. Contact Jeannette Jaquish will be happy to email you the FREE script & music if you cannot download from this webpage.
--------PRINT OFF SCRIPTS in PDF FORMAT ---------
You can cast as many actors as you want because you can have as many Forest Creatures as you want, or none at all. Forest Creatures are not counted in the Actor number. If you need a small cast, Forest Creatures can be played by the Elves with a quick costume change.
HANSEL and GRETEL in ENGLISH! English, 3 Elves, 11 Actors PDF
English, 6 Elves, 12 Actors PDF
English, 7 Elves, 15 Actors PDF
English, 11 Elves, 19 Actors PDF
Poster Art by Jeannette Jaquish that you may use (shown above)HANSEL AND GRETEL TRANSLATIONS
The optional Forest Creatures' Song "Huddle Closer" has music that I will be glad to email you if you just email me and ask for it -- email@example.com .
Huddle Closer Sheet Music-melody only.
French, 14 actors-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-
German: "Hansel und Gretel und der Gruselwald", 16 actors
Norwegian, 9 actors "Hans og Grete og Den Store Skogen"
English & Turkish for 21 actors plus Forest Creatures & song
Bi-Lingual English + Any Language
for 21 actors plus Forest Creatures & song
-- You translate half into your language. Speakers of either language understand the story, and it is easier to learn the new language.
"Your Hansel and Gretel and the Creepy Woods script is very funny, and well written - I had a difficult time finding appropriate material for our students, who are 4th and 5th graders. The lines are short and easy to memorize, and yet very entertaining. Thank you for sharing your talent! "
------Cathy Duyck, Battle Creek, Michigan, St. Joseph Elementary Drama Club coordinator, performing March 28 & 30, 2011
"I have been searching for a good play for my drama kids to perform this year and I really like the look of your Hansel and Gretel. It is quite a challenge to write scripts that appeal to both adults and children, keeping all ages entertained and humoured is what makes a good script. I really like the way you have achieved to do just that."
------Roz Glen, Hillcrest, South Africa (near Durban)
PHOTOS of Performances
- Witty Energetic Scripts - Free & Low Cost!
All Types, All Ages -- All Great!
-Harry Potter and the Obnoxious Voice ~ The sssPOOF!
-The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
-The Frog Prince and the Princess Brat, including a Jr. version
-Slipperzzzz! The Torrid Tale of Cobb and the 12 Dancing Princesses
-Alice in Wonderland
-Who Framed Lucky the Leprechaun?
-The Damsel Game
-Don't Look in the Lake!
-It’s a GOOD Life, by Jerome Bixby, scifi award winner
-The Spoiled Baloney Man
-Hansel and Gretel and the Creepy Woods
-A Christmas Carol . . . . . and Dozens More plus all of the above and Links!